Financial Aid Blog Search

Friday, January 22, 2010

Financial Aid Awareness Month

February is Financial Aid Awareness Month. In recognition of this, the financial aid office will be hosting a series of events.

The first event is FAFSA Fridays. Every Friday in February (5th, 12th, 19th, 26th) we will have financial aid officers available in the ARC computer lab to assist you in completing the FAFSA for 2010-2011. Students should bring their 2009 taxes if they filed as well as their parent’s 2009 taxes. This event will help you to get a jumpstart on completing the FAFSA for the upcoming year! Please contact our office at FAFSAFridays@gvltec.edu to schedule an appointment!

The second event is 3 Thursdays. Every Thursday in February, Financial Aid officers will be at various locations around campus to answer general questions and give tips on completing the FAFSA and the Financial Aid process. The schedule is as follows:

Feb. 4 – UT building lobby 9-2

Feb. 11 – UT building lobby 9-2

Feb. 18 – TRC auditorium/atrium – 9-2 – Black History Event: Lecture- A Day without Black People

Feb. 25 - TRC auditorium/atrium – 9-2 – Black History Event: Play – We’ve Come a Mighty Long way

Please plan to attend one or both of these events!

11 comments:

  1. when will our fin aid be posted to our accounts to show our tution and everything we owe is paid?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your financial aid for the Spring 2010 semestr will be applied to your account on 2/3/10.

    Thank you for your comment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Earlier this month I printed my award letter showing in campus cruiser, then I accepted the award by signing it and mailing it in. Now my award has changed a little and I received a new copy of the award letter by mail with the words OFFICIAL stamped in red on it. I think this is a sign that my loans are being certified correct? Do I need to sign and return the official copy too? If this letter does not reach the financial aid office by tomorrow, Feb. 2, does this mean I will not get my refund DD around the 10th or 12th?

    ReplyDelete
  4. We do request that you sign and return your official copy of your award letter. However, not returning your official copy of your award letter will NOT delay your refund check. We just ask that you return it for our records.

    Thank you for your question!

    ReplyDelete
  5. If our financial aid is going to be applied to our account 3/3/10 does that mean they will start sending out the refunds or direct deposit them the same day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Several of my friends show their FA being applied to their accounts today, but mine isn't showing up yet. Will they be applied all day on the 3rd or were they all posted at the same time? The SC Student Loan Corp said they would be disbursed on 2/1. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The transfer process takes all day and it is alphabetical. So, by tonight, everyone's aid should be posted.

    Thank you for your comment!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Once the aid is applied to a student's account, it takes 2 weeks for refund checks to be processed. the first batch of check will be going out on 2/12/10.

    Thank you for your comment!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Remaining Amount From My Aid Has Been Applied To My Account. How Come My Loans Havent Been Placed On My Account Yet. Will I Still Get My Loan Check On 2/12/10. It Was Disbursed On 2/1/10

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your loans should have been included in this initial disbursement. If they were not, you may want to come into the office and have us take a look at your account.

    Thank you for your comment!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have been visiting various blogs for my term papers writing research. I have found your blog to be quite useful. Keep updating your blog with valuable information... Regards

    ReplyDelete